Russia's Defense Ministry said air defenses destroyed and intercepted 456 Ukrainian drones overnight over 16 regions and annexed Crimea, including Bryansk, Kursk, Kaluga, Tula, Belgorod, Oryol, Voronezh, Rostov, Penza, Ulyanovsk, Saratov, Orenburg, Samara, the Moscow region, Krasnodar Krai and Tatarstan.
Nizhnekamsk Mayor Radmir Belyaev announced a drone threat at 5:30 a.m., after which Tatarstan authorities confirmed the attack on the city. According to them, industrial and civilian facilities were targeted, and there are fatalities, though the number was not given.
Ukrainian Telegram channels Supernova+ and Exilenova+ claim drones struck the Nizhnekamsk oil refinery and published video of a fire. Exilenova also wrote that one drone fell on a local market.
Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin reported since the evening of August 9 that 23 drones were shot down on approach to the capital. Rostov Oblast Governor Yuri Slyusar said more than 70 drones were destroyed in Kamensk-Shakhtinsky and seven districts of the region, adding that no information on casualties or damage had been received.
Kaluga Oblast Governor Vladislav Shapsha said 16 drones were shot down over the region, with no casualties. In Sevastopol, according to Governor Mikhail Razvozhaev, 15 drones were downed: debris sparked a fire in a forest near the 'Inzhir' beach, where people were evacuated from a campsite, and four cars were damaged.
In the Shebekino district of Belgorod Oblast, a civilian woman was killed in a drone attack — the drone struck the territory of a private home, the operational headquarters reported.