Debris from a drone shot down by Russian forces struck a public bus on route No. 98 near the 5th kilometer of Balaklava Highway in Sevastopol on the afternoon of August 22, causing the vehicle to catch fire, Moscow-appointed governor Mikhail Razvozhayev said.
Two people were killed and five injured, Razvozhayev said. Three of the injured were hospitalized in serious condition and two in moderate condition. There was no independent confirmation of the figures.
Razvozhayev also reported the fourth air raid alert in the city in 24 hours, declared at 15:47. He said six drones were shot down in the Balaklava and Gagarin districts. Russian monitoring channels reported threats near Kazachya, Kamyshovaya, Streletskaya and Sevastopol bays, as well as Cape Fiolent, Balaklava and the Balaklava thermal power plant.
The Russian Defense Ministry and Ukrainian military have not commented on the situation, and Russian authorities have not provided evidence for their claims. Earlier in the night of August 22, explosions, gunfire and drone flights were reported in Crimea and Sevastopol.
The Ukrainian side has not confirmed an attack on Sevastopol, and Razvozhayev's statements about downed drones and casualties have not been independently verified, making confirmation difficult under wartime conditions.